Our Family Story
84 Years of Award Winning Wine
1887 – Pleasant Valley (San Bernardino County) was annexed into Riverside County, name changed to Union.
1890 – Dugald McRae established claim to the land that is now Cantu-Galleano Ranch.
1900 – The barn was constructed. It is presently on the eastern section and stands as a structure with historical and architectural integrity.
The L-shaped original winery building was constructed. It is located on the western boundary of Wineville Road.
1907 – The town originally known as Stalder was changed to Wineville. The new name reflected the use of the land for the cultivation of hundreds of acres of wine grapes.
1918 – The brothers, Domenico, Giovanni, and Angelo joined the Bora family, purchasing 300 acres of the Bonita Ranch located in what is now Ontario.
1920 – The Bunkhouse/Office was constructed. It is located on the western boundary of Wineville Road.
1930 – The town name was again changed to Mira Loma.
1930 – North of the original winery, the guest house /gift shop was constructed. The building serves as a restroom and rest area for visitors and workers, it retains a high level of integrity with no noticeable alterations.
1942 – The vinegar shed was constructed. It is located southeast of the barn.
The three-bay garage/carport was constructed. It is located south of the winery and on the west side of Wineville Road.
1947-1949 – The main winery was constructed. It resides on the westside of Wineville Road. Domenico Galleano’s son Nino had built the eighteen foot high industrial building to accommodate the growth of the winery.
1951 – A single family dwelling was constructed. It resides on the westside of Wineville Road. The Galleano built the house as a rental property and the occupants usually worked the winery.
1966 – Col. Cantu died a legend in Mexicali, Baja California
1964 – A non-contributing storage facility was added to the north facade of the main cellar.
1976 – Gina Marie Galleano born in June.
-Retail was remodeled and office /storage was created
1982 – The upper floor of the Cantu/Galleano Residence were significantly altered as the original entrance was re-oriented to the west facade.
– Donald & Charlene move with new family
1983 – Annamarie Galleano was born -4th generation
– Bernard (Nino) Galleano died
1984 – Domenico Galleano died
1985 – Domenico Bernard Galleano was born -4th generation
– Insulated winery roof and tank was constructed
– Purchased new stainless steel tanks
1986 – Paving in front of the winery was constructed
1993 – Cantu/Galleano Winery Ranch dedicated as a Riverside County Historical Landmark and a State of California Point of Historic Interest
1995 – Matthew (Galleano) Spraggins born -5th generation
1997 – Mary Galleano died
– Stainless steel fermentation and storage tanks for white wine were placed in the driveway area between the main winery and the three-bay car garage
– New Wineville Road built around the east side of the ranch complex
– Berm separating the road from the complex built
– Bunk house remodeled inside for office space
1999 – Rental house remodeled
– New crusher installed at winery
– Petrissan diary house moved to winery complex
– Rock monument sign built along the corner of Harrell and Wineville
2001 – Ryan Scott (Galleano) Spraggins born -5th generation
2002 – Electrical lines buried, telephone-electric poles down
2003 – Listed in National Register of Historic Places
2007 – Gracie Marie (Galleano) Spraggins and Sophie Marie (Galleano) Metter born -5th generation
2009 – Commemorative marker honoring the Historic Galleano Winery dedicated by the Native Sons of the Golden West
2011 – Sadie Marie (Galleano) Metter born -5th generation